Corporate and Social Responsibility Policy
Corporate and Social Responsibility is defined as the integration of business operations and values, whereby the interests of all customers, employees, the community and the environment are reflected in the company's policies and actions.
· Continuous improvement in our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy;
· Encouraging our business partners to strive for matching performance;
· Acting in a socially responsible way;
· Continually improving our performance and meeting all relevant legislation;
· Encouraging our staff to be mindful of the effect of their actions on any natural resource.
Purpose and Aims:
The purpose of the policy is to make clear to all what we mean by CSR and how we propose to work towards achieving it. The CSR policy applies throughout all of the Procurement Service and governs our approach to all our activities. In implementing this policy we aim to:
· Be responsible;
· Be an exemplar of good practice.
Standards of Business Conduct:
· We recognize that good CSR embraces all aspects of sustainable development and the way we affect people through our business operations;
· We shall operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices;
· We believe that a responsible approach to developing relationships between companies and the communities they serve, global or local, is a vital part of delivering business success;
· When carrying out our business, in consultation with our customers, we will determine the environmental, social and economic issues;
· We will continually review our policies and business practices to encourage engagement with small and medium enterprises and to promote the development of the regional supply chain.
· We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards;
· All the laws that regulate and apply will be complied with;
· We endeavor to ensure that all employees have confidence in the decision-making and management processes of the Procurement Service, by the conduct and professionalism of all staff. We do this by continually training and developing our staff;
· All groups and individuals with whom we have a business relationship will be treated in a fair, open and respectful manner;
· Feedback on performance will be actively sought, and we will continually review all activities to ensure best practice is observed at all times;
· We will allow our customers and vendors to give feedback on our performance, comments are analyzed, responded to and where appropriate, acted upon;
· An Action Plan will be developed to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
· Our objective is to endeavor to reduce our impact on the environment through a commitment to continual improvement;
· We will continue to work with our vendors to reduce their impact on the environment;
· We aim to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
· Vendors are actively encouraged to observe international human rights norms within their work.
Equality and Diversity:
· We aim to eliminate discrimination on any grounds and promote equality of opportunity in the supply chain;
· We will ensure that our customers and vendors are able to work together in confidence and be treated with respect by each party;
· Our range of contracts will take account of the needs of a diverse customer base.
· A Sustainable Procurement Policy will be maintained that will set out the principles, policies and procedures on which sustainable business activity within the company will be based.